Türkiye: PSS Facilitator
- Facilitate group and individual PSS sessions in Adana Narlıca Center to help build the beneficiaries skills, abilities and educational levels
- Plan, prepare and deliver PSS sessions and social cohesion activities to people with and without disabilities.
- Prepare daily plans prior to every PSS session in line with the existing PSS curriculum; prepare appropriate materials and/or visual aids in advance of the session
- Deliver PSS sessions to targeted age groups; facilitate engaging sessions that encourage individuals’ active participation.
- Conduct pre- and post-assessment sessions to gauge the beneficiaries’ progress towards their learning and development goals.
- Ensure that all assessments, follow-ups and weekly and progress reports are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain quality up-to date documentation on all interactions with beneficiaries and their parents
- Effectively plan, prepare, develop and implement PSS tools and resources to demonstrate progress and growth in beneficiaries learning and development goals
- Positively interact with CwDs, communicate clearly so they feel safe and respected at all times.
- Ensure inclusive participation by following an age-, gender-, and types of disabilities sensitive approach.
- Build trusting relationships with beneficiaries.
- Ensure the activities and sessions are following safe learning practices at all times.
- Follow up on the beneficiaries’ wellbeing, attendance and specific needs.
- Report on the number of individuals, participations, achievements, and new registration requests; update Sened’s Program and technical team on any issues, challenges or gaps in implementation.
- Ensure that all data collected is entered and reported in a timely manner (monthly)
- Contact CwDs and their families regarding any updates and changes in PSS or Caregiver Engagement schedule and implementation.
- Take parts in seminars and outreach events for CwDs and caregivers.
- Support the direct manager in the capacity of curriculum writing/changing, lesson plans, assessments, reviews and objectives.
- Collaborate closely with MEAL team to monitor activities with existing PSS, social cohesion, and Caregiver Engagement monitoring tools and use PSS selection criteria effectively.
- Respect and apply all principles of PSEA, and demonstrate high commitment to report any sexual exploitation and sexual abuse
Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience): Essential
Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology, or any other relevant field.
Fluent in the Arabic language.
Minimum of 1 year of proven experience in a similar position
Intermediate skills in the English and/or Turkish language.
Experience in humanitarian work and principles.
Experience in work with PwDs (People with Disabilities)
Required Competencies: Technical Competencies (TC):
Advanced knowledge in curriculum development.
Advanced knowledge in teaching principles
Basic knowledge in report writing
Basic knowledge in Excel & Word
Core Competencies (CC):
Planning and organizing
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Child safeguarding Policy Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Sened, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Sened is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation. Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy Sened expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Sened employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Sened.
How to apply
- If you believe that your qualification meets the requirements of this position, we highly encourage you to apply with your CV in ENGLISH using the below link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejBCJpD9TjRwRRNpt1WcKNjWucsk92vkuJI49NbKEYcwq96Q/viewform
- The closing date of the position is 27.06.2022.
- Please note that only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of the position, Sened retains the right to recruit before the closing dates