Virtual Launch | Primary Prevention Framework for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action
The Prevention Initiative of the Alliance is pleased to invite you to attend the virtual launch of the Primary Prevention Framework for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
While significant effort and improvements have been made in the sector to respond after harm has already taken place, less of a focus has been placed on how to prevent harm to children before it occurs. To that end, the Alliance started the Prevention Initiative in 2020, guided by an inter-agency, multi-sectoral Advisory Group, to develop a Framework of Action for Primary Prevention in CPHA. As we embark on 2022, the Alliance is now very excited to launch this new resource to support child protection, and multi-sectoral actors, to integrate primary prevention into their programming.
The importance of a preventive approach in child protection will be illustrated by two case studies:
- AVSI Foundation with present its work in Northern Uganda encouraging positive social norms to prevent harm to children with disabilities
- Plan International will share its experience in Northeastern Nigeria, tackling the root causes of sexual and gender-based violence to girls
Opening Remarks: Deborah Landis, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance
- Susan Wisniewski, Prevention Focal Point, The Alliance
- Laker Joyce Ocen, Program Manager, AVSI Foundation - Uganda
- Tobu Mbaya, Project Manager GOC EiE, Plan International Nigeria
Moderated by: Michelle Van Akin, CPIE Specialist, Plan International USA
We look forward to your participation!