GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The position will be based in Gaziantep. Under the supervision of the Individual Protection Assistant (IPA) Team Leader will be responsible to implement IPA cases as per GOAL’s respective SOPs and Guidelines.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Plan and implement individual protection assistance (IPA) activities through assessment, case planning, case implementation, follow up and case closure.
- Provision of IPA assessment and provision to beneficiaries on a daily basis at the field.
- Work with the GOAL Team and other stakeholders to identify and register individual cases requires IPA intervention at the field.
- Ensure to record registered cases in the database on time and with quality, update the information as necessary and ensure that progress is updated in the database.
- Accompany the beneficiaries as needed and support them to access to services.
- Report to IPA Officer on weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain professional links to all other agencies engaged in IPA work within X.
- Coordinate with MEAL Team to enhance service mapping and ensure referral mechanisms are functional
- Ensure follow up on referral cases and keep record on outcomes.
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times,
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship
- University degree in related field (e.g. social work, social sciences, psychology, international relations, etc.).
- Strong communication skills in Arabic and English or Turkish.
- Experience of case management/IPA programs, social work and/or field experience,
- 1-2 years’ work experience in NGO (in paid or voluntary capacity) preferably experience in Southeast of Turkey and/or with semi-nomadic groups is an asset.
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation skills.
- Good level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.