Under the direct supervision of the National Safeguarding Manager, the Humanitarian safeguarding officer will support to meet the safeguarding quality standards in Rest of Sudan operation area (KHT, River Nile, Gezeria, Sennar, Blue Nile, and Red Sea).
She/he is responsible for facilitating training, conducting project risk assessment, monitoring of the standard practices of sectors across all lhumanitarian response operation area in Rest of Sudan operation area (KHT, River Nile, Gezeria, Sennar, Blue Nile, and Red Sea) reporting, share learning.
She/he will be responsible of communicating "keeping children safe" messages for staff, partners, volunteers, incentive workers, beneficiaries and representatives of save the children.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- University degree in Politics, Social Science, Education, International Development, or other Coordinate and ensure implementation of minimum standards on safeguarding and gender mainstreaming in the humanitarian response areas in KHT, River Nile, Gezeria, Sennar, Blue Nile, and Red Sea
- Deliver Safeguarding training to emergency response team members who have not recently received it in KHT, River Nile, Gezeria, Sennar, Blue Nile, and Red Sea emergency response areas.
- Deliver Safeguarding training to local support staff who may be in a position to report safeguarding violations among staff - especially (but not limited to) drivers, cleaners, guards and cooks in KHT, River Nile, Gezeria, Sennar, Blue Nile, and Red Sea field offices.
- Deliver Safeguarding training to SCI represenativies (partners, suppliers, contracters, volunteers and interns) in KHT, River Nile, Gezeria, Sennar, Blue Nile, and Red Sea.
- Work closely with MEAL focal point to develop (or strengthen) adequate reporting mechanisms that are accessable by women, children and persons with disabilities
- Support the CP team to set-up referral mechanisms that work for both CP and Safeguarding concerns
- Provide (or support the emergency response team to provide) child-friendly information to children and families at programme sites around humanitarian principles, unacceptable behaviour, ways to report concerns
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured and shared with the Safeguarding Manager on a regular basis
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and other organisations, including national statutory agencies SCCW, FCPU, and SMoSW
- Participate in relevant coordination mechanisms and support the coordination of Safeguarding activities
- Conduct regular visits to emergency response project sites of SCI's partners to ensure that SG reporting system is working and beneficiaries know how to report SG cases.
- Support program and supporting function staff to mainstream safeguarding policy into the program and supporting functions activities in emergency response areas
- Ensure SG risk assessemnet are conducted in coordination with revelant programs to all humanitarian response projects to support identify and act to mitigate key safeguarding risks to children in our programmes.
Contract Duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bmFoaWQuOTk0MzQuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents