Organization: Plan International
Closing date: 04 Dec 2019
Plan International Myanmar
Job Advertisement for Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) specialist _ International
Plan International is an international child and youth development organization dedicated to promote the realization of children and young people’s rights, especially girl’s rights, in both development and humanitarian settings. Plan International in Myanmar is supporting a broad spectrum of initiatives designed to support integrated child development and youth empowerment outcomes that are strategically aligned with the national government’s priorities. Sectors of focus include: Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD), Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and Nutrition (MNCHN), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Child Protection, Education, Adolescent Development, Youth Economic Empowerment, Youth-Led Peace Building and Social Cohesion, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), and Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) Prevention among young people.
Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) specialist
Humanitarian Program Unit Manager
Minbya, Sittwe State, Myanmar (approx. 5% of time in Yangon)
18 Months contract (National Fixed Term Contract Type)
Applications closing date: 4th Dec 2019, 5:00 PM
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Plan International Myanmar is seeking an International CPiE specialist to technically lead Plan’s ongoing CPiE response in Rakhine State, Myanmar. The current response focuses on providing group psychosocial support to children via Child Friendly Spaces, case management support to individual children and their families as well as strengthening community-based child protection groups.
The CPiE specialist will be responsible for providing technical oversight and support to ongoing Child Protection in Emergencies projects as well as ensuring mainstreaming of child protection in other sector projects (WASH, ECCD, Nutrition). The overall objective of this role is to ensure that emergency response projects implemented by Plan International and are in line with international standards. This is a full time position based in Minbya/Sittwe with time spent in the field and regular travel to Country Office in Yangon.
Specific tasks will include:
Updating current needs assessment and/or leading new needs assessment as appropriate.
Periodic review of CPiE Programme and project strategies and achievements in Rakhine State and adjusting implementation plans accordingly.
Knowledge management and documentation of lessons learned related to CPiE programming.
Capacity building of Plan staff on CPiE, CPMS, Case Management, PSS, CFS, CPGs (this may include the development of training packages and delivery of trainings, development and monitoring of individual capacity building plans, introduction of CPiE tools to the staff through coaching sessions, on the job mentoring, monitoring and feedback sessions).
On the job coaching and mentoring of Minbya based Child Protection Coordinator in CPiE Standards and technical standards for CPiE projects.
Close collaboration with, representation and support to Sittwe CPWG and other relevant coordination groups.
Support in strategy development for Plan Myanmar CPiE interventions.
Support in preparation of donor proposals for Plan Myanmar CPiE interventions.
Support in donor reporting in close collaboration with the reporting officer.
Page | 1
- Child protection mainstreaming in other sectors via monitoring of activities, provision of basic training on child protection for staff and development of action plans to ensure all activities are safe for children.
The outlined responsibilities are based on the current project portfolio, however specific responsibilities may evolve over time and flexibility from the candidate may be required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• 3 years of experience in Child Protection in Emergencies work including in planning, implementing and evaluating CPiE projects at the field level preferably in conflict settings.
• Experience, demonstrated ability and motivation to provide on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring in child protection, in particular case management and psychosocial support.
• Demonstrated sector coordination and programme management capacity.
• Strong understanding of international humanitarian standards and Child Protection Minimum Standards
• Strong experience and knowledge of the Do No Harm and conflict sensitivity approaches.
• Excellent analytical and strategic planning skills, writing skills as well as strong and effective communication skills
• Fluency in English.
• Willingness to travel to remote areas and spend time in the field.
• Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural setting with sensitivity to the local context.
• Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines.
How to apply:
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a cover letter, a comprehensive CV, a writing sample, and details of at least two referees via e-mail only to: Myanmar.CO@plan-international.org. Late applications will not be considered.
Subject line for application: “**International CPiE Specialist _Sittwe”.**
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Plan International Myanmar is committed to the well-being of children together with Gender Equality and do not tolerate child abuse and sexual harassment. All Plan International Myanmar Staffs are required to sign and adhere with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy at all times.