Organization: Terre des hommes
Closing date: 26 May 2019
[LEBANESE NATIONAL ONLY]
Under the overall management of the Programme Coordinator the TU Manager will perform the following tasks:
Technical support and expertise
- Provides technical expertise in the area of Child Protection, GBV and education in all project proposal developments and project implementation;
- Contributes to the development of models of actions/interventions related to Child Protection, GBV and education issues;
- Supports the development of assessment reports, situational analysis, policy documents and other documents in the area of Child Protection, GBV and education;
- Participates in the definition and implementation of the strategy in the area of Child Protection, GBV and education;
Capacity building and development strategy for Tdh staff and partners
- Supports the technical unit in strengthening of skills and technical capabilities in Child Protection, GBV and education through the development and delivering of training/coaching programmes to staff and partners.
- In coordination with the HR department, supports technical officers in identifying training and development needs for Tdh staff and partners, through job analysis, annual performance review documents and regular consultation with project managers and the admin departments;
- Collaborates and coordinates with the regional Programme coordinators and Thematic Advisors at the headquarters to develop and validate the thematic strategy in line with the Tdh strategic commitments.
Quality assurance and project alignment
- Ensures child protection standards/good practices (internal institutional and international) are applied throughout the programme and projects;
- Contributes to the development of manuals, procedures and tools;
- Participates in regular programme review, monitoring and evaluation exercises to ensure quality implementation.
Knowledge management, research and advocacy
- Ensures the dissemination and implementation of relevant, approved approaches, methodologies and standards in Child Protection, GBV and education;
- Animates exchanges of practices in Child Protection, GBV and education sectors among staff, partners and external stakeholders;
- Supervises the development and updates technical guidelines, frameworks, and tools, trainings materials, communication materials (leaflets) and other relevant documents and have them shared with and/or validated by HQ technical advisors when needed;
- Ensure the quality of lessons-learned, research, publications, studies produced;
- Links trends and learning within projects, supports the production of capitalization documents with the M&E team and disseminate internally and externally;
- Supports qualitative studies, research etc., ensuring recommendations & learning are shared.
- Support advocacy through networking with key stakeholders and spreads the results of data analysis, capitalization and research, for possible replication.
Training, Resource Information Management and Development
- Supports identification of technical support needs for external missions and identification of terms of reference with all associated elements; takes part in briefing/ de briefing of missions;
- Supports the technical unit for the design and maintenance of a complete and extensive training resource data base, which should include, at the minimum, a list of training venues, external training resource people/organizations, logistical support actors for training, etc.
- Ensures the monitoring of training is implemented;
- Keeps accurate training records that are comprehensive and up-to-date;
- Updates Tdh library (electronic and hard copies) on training and coaching methodologies, practices and topics of interest to Tdh Lebanon;
- Forms links and develops ideas to promote practice based information sharing of Tdh’s training and program specialization with relevant Lebanese and Palestinian child protection, GBV and education focused organizations or institutions.
Representation and Mobilisation of national and/or regional professional networks
- Supports and participates in strategic partnerships related to Child Protection, GBV and Education issues;
- Takes part in campaigns and advocacy connected with Child Protection, GBV and Education;
- Attends technical working groups meetings and shares relevant information with staff and partners;
- Enhances and develops links with national and international universities;
- Makes sure that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. In particular, ensures that Tdh's mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties;
- Fosters the corrects communication and visibility of the projects and of Tdh.
- Ensures the technical validation of operational partners in collaboration with the TOs
- Lead, advise, support and supervise the members of the Technical Unit team;
- Facilitates good communication between the staff under his/her responsibility and the project teams; Ensures the TU team works well together (resolve existing or potential conflicts) and collaborates with project implementation teams;
- Organizes meetings with the technical team and coordinates with other projects.
How to apply:
Requires a Cover Letter?:
Application Submissions Guideline:
Please send your CV and motivation letter clearly describing how you meet above criteria by 26st of May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org . We reserve the right to contact only shortlisted candidates
Contact Person Email: