1. Purpose of the Advocacy Working Group
To ensure that the best interests of children in emergencies are recognised by all national and international actors in humanitarian emergencies and are reflected across all response mechanisms, through rights-based and solutions-oriented engagements.
2. Key Priorities
- Include Child Protection in Emergency concerns in major international fora and intergovernmental processes including the Global Compact on Refugees (GCR); the Global Compact on Safe, Orderly, and Regular Migration (GCM); the SDGs; and the Global Partnership to End Violence against Children.
- Identify and map current obstacles and challenges to CPiE funding.
- Report an increase in funding for Child Protection in Humanitarian Settings.
- Identify current, and promote systematic, reference to the CPMS in donor funding requirements.
- Improve understanding of CPiE and its lifesaving nature amongst humanitarian decision-makers and donors.
- Influence discourse on child rights and child protection in humanitarian settings.
- Support the global review of the CPMS.
- Support collective, cross-organisational action in response to major national, regional, and global threats to the wellbeing of children in situations of conflict, displacement, and migration.
3. Key Tools and Resources
- Research reporting
- Public advocacy statements
- Evidence briefs
- Links to external resources
4. Working Group Member Organisations
- Child Frontiers
- ChildFund Alliance
- CPC Learning Network
- Danish Refugee Council
- Hurras Child Protection Network
- Plan International
- Terre des Hommes
- United Citizens Child Support Organization Uganda
- War Child Holland
- World Vision
5. Contact Details